Official Opening: Saturday, September 20th 2014, 20:30
The exhibition of the Red Design Consultants and gr. Design competition will be opening on the 20th of September 2014 at the Michael Cacoyannis Foundation.
YoYo is a bench with an ecological conscience, fun, award-winning and with a creative spirit.
Tens of people – artist, designers, architects, graphic designers and creators – answered the call of the competition and created, designed and drew their own YoYo.
All the works from this creative action will be displayed at the exhibition which opens its doors on the 20th of September 2014.
The winning work selected by the competition panel will become a new YoYo bench which will be displayed within the Michael Cacoyannis Foundation.
The exhibition will be open from the 20th – 30th of September with free entrance.
What is YoYo?
The YoYo bench is a useful object inspired by the contemporary life of the cosmopolitan citizen, awarded worldwide. It was created within the framework of the creation and communication platform *etsi, by Rodanthi Sedouka, Creative Director and Partner of Red Design Consultants and designer of the 2004 Athens Olympics emblem.
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS for the YoYo.
– Silver medal at the A’ Design Awards, 2013-2014
– Distinction at the Designpreis Deutschland Awards 2014
– Distinction at EVGE 2011
– Finalist at the New York Festivals 2011
– Top winner at China’s Most Successful Design Awards, 2010
– presented at the artAZ exhibition at Marina View in Mykonos, July 2014
– Permanent exhibit at the Michael Cacoyannis Foundation
– Permanent exhibit at Betahaus, at the International exhibition, Design Wall of Berlin 2012
– Permanent exhibit at the University of Thessaloniki
– Presented at the exhibition at the Chinese Embassy, March 2013
– Presented at the Thessaloniki international exhibition, 2011 and at the Carteco Archive shop
– Presented at the Inno Design Tech (IDT) Expo annual exhibition, 2011
– Prime exhibit at the *etsi for the environment and the *etsi for Greece exhibitions at the Michael Cacoyannis Foundation, 2011.
The YoYo bench on the web:
Red Design Consultants
Red Design Consultants is a pioneering Greek branding company, based in Athens. Red has contributed to the creation and development of top Greek brands, showcasing the unique character of the company or brand identity, adopting an all encompassing approach and presenting individual proposals which clearly communicate the vision and philosophy behind the brand to the end user, thus making the difference to the purchase.
Years of experience, a passion for originality, a love of the authentic, talent and the ultimate combination of smart strategic design with essence and emotion has led many Greek brands to the top and to the maximization of their abilities. The Red Design Consultants team, multi-collective and unique, comprising of specialist talent in the fields marketing, communication, graphic, product and environmental design, which combined with wide-spanning experience, spot-on judgment, inspiration and vision, create original ideas which give a clear and powerful message to the market.
Services provided: Brand Consultancy, Brand Strategy, Brand Identity, Brand naming, Communication strategy, Interactive branding.
JUDGES PANEL FOR THE YoYo COMPETITION: Dimitris Arvanitis, Yiouli Eptakoili, Giannis Karlopoulos, Evanggelos Kassavetis, Giannis Kouroudis, Agni Mariakaki, Katerina Papanagiotou, Tzanetos Petropouleas, Costas Politis, Rodanthy Sedouka, Panagiotis Charatzopoulos / Coordinator: Thodoris Mastrogiannis.
SPECIAL THANKS TO
GIORGOS PANOUSOPOULOS/ FOTIS TATSIS/ THANASIS TSIRTAVIS/ ELLI PITSOU/ VASILIS SARELAS/ NIKIFOROS FOKAS/ KATERINA TERZOPOULOY/ EMILIA KAMARA/ EFI KOYTSOUMPA/ NIKOS VEZANIS/ ELLI VIZANTIOU/ AGELOS STATHOPOULOS